Thursday, November 17, 2011

Katie's girls' night out

Katie is taking the night off tonight. She went to dinner at Olive Garden--is probably eating some bread sticks dipped in alfredo sauce, some salad, and she's probably eating something with shrimp in it. Delicious.
I'd say I was jealous, but I am not. I get to hang out at home. I got to read to the boys, "The little red caboose," and I got to tell them the "Adventures of Jonah and Oliver". They went on a tricycle ride tonight. Eventually, they got to ride a bicycle but they each crashed.
Good times.
The stories are supposed to be interactive. Throughout the story Jonah is asked questions about what someone said and Jonah fills in the blank. (Oliver isn't quite ready yet, but we're working on it). The first adventure of Jonah and Oliver was building a tree house. Jonah was asked multiple times who he thought could help him build the house and each time he answered someone else: Mom, Avery, Taylor, Mason, Lexington, Aunt Ruthie and even Uncle James. I tried to drop some subtle hints that would--hopefully sooner than later--indicate that Dad would love to help. It never happened.
Stinker.
Anyway, they're asleep now and I'm blogging. I sure hope Katie is having a nice evening away.
Oh, and did I mention that she's also seeing a 12:00 am showing of Breaking Dawn?
Go Jacob!

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

Fun. I hope it was fabulous.