Friday, November 26, 2010

Movie Reviews

I didn't really do too much shopping today. But I did see two movies! Yay, I love movies.

First I saw Disney's newest animated film, Tangled:

Summary:
The long-haired Princess Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but when she falls in love with a bandit who was passing by she must venture into the outside world for the first time to find him.

My Thoughts:
I loved this movie and give it four stars! It was clever, smart, funny, romantic, and beautifully done. It really had that Disney magic feel to it which I haven't felt a lot of their more recent films have had (except The Princess and the Frog, but I actually liked Tangled better.)

Later we left the kids home and just the adults went to see Unstoppable starring Chris Pine and Denzel Washington:

Summary:
With an unmanned, half-mile-long freight train barreling toward a city, a veteran engineer and a young conductor race against the clock to prevent a catastrophe.

My Thoughts:
This movie was pretty intense, but definitely primarily an action flick and I give it about 2 1/2 stars. It was a mixture of Speed and Training Day. I was riveted and totally engrossed the entire time, but they really really didn't develop the characters as much as they should have.

0 comments: