Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Review: Savannah from Savannah

Savannah from SavannahSavannah from Savannah by Denise Hildreth

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I started this book and put it down about half way through.  I wasn't going to finish it.  But I had nothing else to read and so I picked it up again about a month later.  Luckily the second half of the book was much better then the first half.  Nothing happened in the first part.  It took FOREVER to set up the story and then it just felt like "ok, it's set up now-let's get going" but the whole middle was just like...treading water-nothing happened.  Anyway the second half was pretty good and kept me picking up the book.  I just didn't really like Savannah as much as I should have.  And I get that her liking Coke is a cute character trait but you don't have to mention her going to get a Coke on every single page, even if she does drink it that often, we don't have to read about it.  Also, for Savannah and every relationship she has to completely change and evolve in one day was just a little stretched for me.

Anyway, I did like that it was based in Savannah, which did have a lot of charm.  I liked that this whole experience did change Savannah and help her to mature a lot.  Boy, did she need it!



View all my reviews

0 comments: